The vegetables They are essential foods in the diet of children, since they provide them with important nutrients for their growth. The beans are very rich in fiber and iron, especially for children suffering from anemia. But the bean children don't always like them.
So Guiainfantil.com proposes us a recipe that the little ones in the house will surely love. Some delicious and healthy red bean burgers.
- 400 gr of red beans
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 onions
- 1 green, red or yellow bell pepper
- 5 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Oil for frying
Tips: Canned canned beans can be used for this recipe, as well as black or white beans.
1. To start with, let the beans soak overnight to soften them.
2. The next day, put the beans in a pressure cooker and cover with water. Close the pot and bring it to the fire. When it starts to make noise, cook for about 20 minutes.
3. When done, drain the beans and reserve them.
4. Chop the garlic cloves, onions, and pepper very well. Put them in a frying pan, add a little olive oil, salt, and let them saute for about 10 minutes or until they are soft or done. Let them cool down.
5. Mix the lentils to this mixture, and beat everything with a mixer, until a homogeneous mass is obtained.
6. Add the flour and keep stirring. The best thing is to add the flour little by little, taking care so that the dough does not get too dry.
7. Correct the salt and shape the hamburgers.
8. Put each hamburger in the frying pan, until they are brown.
9. Remove them from the pan and put them on a kitchen paper to absorb the oil.
10. Serve them hot, accompanied by a fresh salad or French fries, as the children like best.
You can read more articles similar to Kid's Red Bean Burgers, in the category of Legumes on site.